Thursday 20 June 2013

First blog post: It is / is not all about me.

This blog is an attempt to create a coherent and creative body of work from the scribbles and scraps of ideas that are floating in the ether. This is not a manifesto, nor is it a diary. I have a real pet peeve when it comes to blogs. They are a space for people to share their thoughts and to connect with people, and that's wonderful, but there's something uncomfortably egocentric about the real-world writers they produce. I mainly write comment pieces, which are necessarily individualistic, but I strongly believe that the wider story shouldn't be suffocated. Definitely something I aim to avoid. Painfully ironic statement complete.

I'm interested in the way the world works, and the ways in which it doesn't. So many of the big questions are patterned in the individual - to learn about people is to look for the answers, and hopefully to find them. I look to film, literature, music for story and inspiration, but this blog is about looking to what's actually going on around us. It's about looking closer.

Journalistic meanderings with an ethical imperative.


(Feel free to get in touch with me, feedback is valued/craved/appreciated. Nought like good discussion, eh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts